1.11 Minecraft Update News
We got some minecraft 1.11 news from MineCon today. While no set date on the release of 1.11, the snapshot is expected to go live wednesday, September 28th, 2016. Here is a list of additions, that are coming to 1.11. The information comes from MineCon, so there are no concrete sources, besides what players learned at the convention.
- Has ‘fang attack’
- Summons a stream of fangs coming out of the floor, damaging mobs.
- Has own sounds.
- Spawns “vexes” described below.
- Spawn in Woodland Mansions.
- Drops Totem of Undying
- Has an iron axe in one of their hands
- Hostile toward player
- Has own sounds
- Spawn in Woodland Mansions
- Small, flying mobs.
- Hostile towards the player.
- Can fly through walls (noclip)
- Has own sounds.
Spawn in Woodland Mansions
- Spawn naturally
- Passive Mob.
- Spit their llama goo on wolves.
- Can be ridden.
- Instead of a saddle can be equipped a carpet of any color
- Like donkeys can be equipped a chest
- Has 6 slots
- Has own sounds.
- When a lead is put on, surrounding llamas in a small radius will be attracted and try form a caravan behind the leaded llama.
- Have multiple tinted skins.
- New career, Cartographer.
- Sells maps, compasses, and Ocean and Woodland treasure maps.
- Observer block
- Ported from Windows 10 Edition/Pocket Edition versions
- May behave have slight behavior differences due to different redstone systems in Java edition compared to Pocket Edition
- Crafted using a chest in the middle with 2 Shulker Shells, one above and one on the bottom of it.
- Can be placed down and has 27 slots.
When destroyed, does not drop contents, but stores them in the block item, just like backpacks.
- Can not be placed in each other.
- Can be used with hoppers, droppers and dispensers, just like any other item.
- A dispenser will place the shulker box on the ground
Break into item form when pushed with a piston.
- When opened, the top will spin up, similar to a Shulker opening.
- Will show it’s contents when hovered over in the inventory
- Will show up to 5 slots
- Drop from Shulkers
- Can be combined with Chests to craft Shulker Boxes
Totem of Undying.
- Dropped by Evokers
- Will save your life when you receive a killing blow, while holding it in either hand.
- Gives regeneration and absorption for a couple of seconds.
- Shows a ‘particle’ just like the curse from an elder guardian.
- Golden ankh like animation whenever the item is consumed.
- Just like a map, except will show terrain outlines and a specific structure with treasure.
- Only Ocean and Woodland maps are confirmed
- Ocean maps have a blue tint on the item
- Woodland maps have a brown tint on the item
- When exploring, it will fill in the outlines.
- Can be bought from cartographers.
- The locator dot on the map will be smaller the farther away you are
- Return Portals
- Look like end gateways, but teleport you to the main island’s spawn platform, instead of outwards to the outer islands.
- Generate randomly throughout the end
- Woodland Mansion
- Generates naturally in forests.
- Spawns 3 new mobs.
- Can be found with a Woodland Exploration Map.
- Consists mostly out of wood.
- Curse Enchantments
- Basically Enchantments, but instead of a positive effect, carry a negative effect.
Curse of Vanishing
- Items with this Curse will vanish upon death, instead of drop, regardless of the gamerule keepInventory.
- Curse of Binding
Items with this Curse will stay on your player until they break, they cannot be removed manually.
- Death will make you drop this item.
- Locate Command
syntax: /locate <StructureType> [x y z OR selector] Locates the nearest structure, like EndCity or NetherFortress.
It will start the search at what the “x y z” or selector was set to
When finding structures similar to “temple” structures, it cannot differentiate between types. So you may get a desert or a jungle temple, for example
Pushes coordinates in chat for the executor of the command.
Will display “y” coordinates as (y?) for some structures
We will keep you updated on any more 1.11 news we hear.